First of all, if you’re thinking about eloping, then let me just start by stating that you are a BADASS!
There are many gorgeous places to elope in Colorado! Some places you can literally get out of your car and you’re surrounded by beauty, you can take a ski lift to the top of, or if you’re up to it you can hike to the view too! Vail, Estes Park, and Breckenridge are super popular destinations to elope in Colorado. Some locations are more often the beaten path than others. So, whether you’re looking to full for a full on hike to say your wedding vows or you want to pull over on one of the many gorgeous mountain passes we have in Colorado, well-you can’t go wrong!
- Collective Retreats (great location to stay too if you’re into glamping)
- Vail wedding deck (gorgeous views at the top of the resort)
- Cordillera (Close to vail but not in Vail-you can elope on a scenic wedding deck it’s gorgeous)
- Piney river ranch
- Game creek (you can take a gondola to the top!)
- Antlers at vail
- In White River National Forest
Hikes: (these are where some of the greatest views will be some are more moderate than others)
- Berrypicker Trail (can take a gondola to the top)
- Upper Piney River Falls (one of the best views in Vail)
- Shrine Ridge Trail (depending on the time of the year there are amazing wildflowers)
- Vail-Battle Mountain pass (scenic highway with hundreds of secluded accessible spots to elope at)
- Sapphire Point (Super popular place to elope-gorgeous views) I’ve photographed couples here plenty of times, here’s a few: Lake Dillon adventure session and Sapphire point adventure session.
- Boreas Road/Overlook (gorgeous places to pull off and get great views-cute cabin)
- Top of Breck Resort (Imperial Express Gondola is a great spot)
- Hooiser Pass (a mountain pass with gorgeous places to pull over and elope)
- Rivertree Lodge
- Dillon Ice Castles (in the winter)
- Alpine Lake
- Lake Dillon
- McCollough gulch
- Lake Estes
- Literally anywhere in Rocky Mountain National Park (Trail Ridge is the easiest without hiking too far and has the best views)
- Della Terra Mountain Chateau
- Stanley Hotel
- YMCA of the rockies
- St Catherine’s Chapel on the Rock
Other Places Around Those Areas
Maroon Bells in Aspen
On another note:
Something great about Colorado is that you can self solemnize, which basically means you don’t need an officiant. You just need you two! You can get the wedding license in Colorado fairly quick and easy, it only costs $30. Signing the marriage license makes it official. Here’s a step by step process!
Eloping is unique and such an adventure! Pick any view in Colorado and you won’t go wrong 🙂 And I’ll be here to be with you every step of the way. Through location scouting, help with all of the planning, and all the way down to delivering your unforgettable photos!